Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Thoughts on TY

As part of our blog challenge, we have to write on what we think of TY so far. We only have two months left of this school year, it has gone by so fast!

So far, Ty has been a bit of a struggle in all honesty. To get used to the lack of work and essays was harder than I thought, and I'm freaking out over having to start fifth year in September!
I have enjoyed the trips like Carlingford and our fundraising days out in Dublin, but I also would have liked to be doing more hands-on activities and courses and new things.

This year was a good kind of bonding year for everyone; you got closer to your friends and made new ones too. I think everyone has grown really close to the girls in their own classes, which is great. I've become a lot closer to girls I wouldn't expect to.

Saying that, I am looking forward to fifth year in a sense. I kind of just want to get school over and done with.
I obviously won't want to be in fifth year come September, but I feel as if I've matured a good bit since last year. Work Experience has taught us that.

I found that if you don't put any effort in, you won't get anything out of it. For some people, I think doing Ty was a bad idea, that it wasn't for them. In fairness, others have gotten so involved this year and have benefited so much from it. 
I think I could have gotten more involved myself in things, but I don't think it has been a total waste of time!

People who wouldn't have a lot of confidence in themselves or talking in class, such as myself, I would definitely recommend that they do Ty. It gave me more confidence in myself and my work. 
You're given a lot of chances to give your opinion on something. It was hard at first to get over my shyness and the uncomfortable feeling I got whenever I had to speak, but this year has given me a chance to kind of deal with it better x

No comments: